For the ragu:
1 packet Harvey Beef Garlic & Rosemary Rump
400g crushed tomatoes
200 ml red wine
1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 small sprigs rosemary
200g olives (stones removed)
For the pasta:
300g pappardelle pasta
2 tbsps. Parsley, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Parmesan and olives to serve
1. Heat a frying pan to a medium high heat, season beef with pepper & salt and rub in a little oil. Sear beef on all sides, until golden brown and transfer to deep baking dish or slow cooker, then add red wine, water, red onion, garlic, rosemary & crushed tomatoes. For oven method, cover with a tight lid or tinfoil and bake at 140c for approximately 4 hours until very tender. Slow cook for 8 hours on low setting.
2. When cooked, allow to rest for 15 mins, remove meat from sauce (reserving liquid) and pull apart into fork sized pieces.
3. Add olives and simmer the reserved liquid on the stove, and reduce by approx. half or until thickened. Return the meat to the sauce.
4. Cook pasta to packet instructions, toss through chopped parsley & olive oil.
5. Serve hot ragu with pasta, olives & freshly shaved parmesan.