Festive Paprika and Garlic Roast Beef with fresh tomato salad, BBQ grilled potatoes and chimichurri
1 x Harvey Beef WA Beef Roast with Smoked Paprika and Garlic (1.3-1.5kg) Grilled Potatoes
1 kg red potatoes, halved and par boiled for 10 minutes or just until fork tender
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste Tomato Salad
2 - 3 truss tomatoes, sliced into 8 wedges
1 punnet mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
1 x red onion, sliced into thin rings
3 Tbsp chopped parsley
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
6 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper Chimichurri
½ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
½ cup finely chopped parsley
3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
¾ tsp dried oregano
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
Roast Cooking Guide
Pre-heated oven 180 °C
Remove the roast from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature prior to cooking. Approximately 30 minutes.
Cook for 35 minutes for every 500g of meat
Cook in a baking tray with high sides, tightly covered with baking paper and foil. To Prepare
Preheat oven 180 °C 1. Remove roast from packaging, reserving the marinade liquid. 2. Place in a roasting pan with a little oil and cover tightly with baking paper followed by foil. Roast according to weight using the guide above. 3. Meanwhile, halve the potatoes and par boil in a large saucepan of water for 10 minutes or until just fork tender. Drain and set aside.
4. To make chimichurri, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5 - 10 minutes or longer for the flavours to infuse into the oil. Chimichurri can be made a day in advance.
5. To prepare tomato salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat with the oil and vinegar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
6. Once the roast has cooked, remove from the oven and rest, covered for 10 minutes.
7. Cook reserved marinade liquid in a small saucepan along with a quarter of a cup of cooking juices from the roast to make a delicious gravy. 8. Meanwhile, preheat BBQ grill on medium high. Drizzle the par cooked potatoes with a little oil and sea salt, and place cut side down on grill. Cook 8 - 10 minutes without turning, until potatoes are cooked and easy to flip. Continue cooking to add colour to all sides.
9. To assemble, remove the net from your roast and slice across the grain into 1.5cm thick pieces. Lay the roast across one side of a large platter and add the tomato salad to the other side.
10. Drizzle with chimichurri and serve with the grilled potatoes and the gravy.