Kate Flower's Burger Bowl with Tabbouleh, Greek Salad and Feta Whip
200g danish feta
½ cup natural yoghurt
1 small clove of garlic
Water to thin as required
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup pitted kalama
ta olives, halved
2 lebanese cucumbers, cubed
½ red onion, diced
1 pack Harvey Beef Gourmet Selection Parsley and Garlic Burgers
1 x 200g tub tabbouleh (store bought) - see cooks note
Grilled Turkish Bread (optional)
Crumble the feta into the bowl of a blender and combine with remaining ingredients. Blitz
to a smooth and creamy consistency.
Alternatively, this can be mixed by hand, using a fork to break up the feta and combine
with the yogurt and minced garlic.
In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and two tablespoons of olive oil,
oregano and season to taste
Add salad vegetables and olives to the bowl
3. Toss to combine and set aside for later.
1. Heat a little oil in a fry pan over medium high heat.
2. Fry burgers on one side for 4 minutes.
3. Flip burgers once and continue cooking for a further 2 minutes, or until cooked through.
1. Divide tabbouleh between four bowls, keeping it to one side.
2. Fill the other sides with feta whip.
3. Top the whip with Greek salad.
4. To finish, add Parsley and Garlic Burger to each bowl on top of the tabbouleh.
5. Serve drizzled with extra feta whip and grilled bread (if using). We used Turkish bread grilled with a little olive oil.
- Gluten Free Bowl
If you would like a Gluten free bowl, simply omit the bread. You could replace this with some sweet potato or potato wedges.
Also, to avoid the cracked wheat in the tabbouleh, make your own at home and replace the cracked wheat with chopped sunflower seeds.
Freshen your Tabbouleh: You can give store bought tabbouleh a lift with fresh lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste.