Kate Flower's Ginger Peach Meatballs with Coconut Rice
2-3 firm medium peaches
1 pack of Harvey Beef Gourmet Selection Parsley and Garlic Meatballs
¼ cup cornflour
3 Tbsp oil
1 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
½ cup chicken stock
4 spring onions, sliced thinly, to serve
½ bunch of mint, torn, to serve
1 lime, quartered, to serve
¼ cup toasted shredded coconut to serve (optional)
1 family pack of quick cook rice
4 Tbsp Ayam Coconut milk powder
Pinch of salt
1. Add oil to a large fry pan and place over medium-high heat.
2.Slice each peach into eight pieces, add to pan and cook briefly until the slices are lightly caramelized. Remove peaches from pan and set aside.
3. Spread the cornflour on to a plate and roll each meatball to coat.
4. Add meatballs to the pan and brown on all sides.
5. Meanwhile make the sauce in a small bowl by mixing together ginger, honey, lime juice, soy sauce and chicken stock.
6. Once all meatballs are browned pour the sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer.
7. Cook covered for 6-8 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink on the inside.
8. Add the peach slices to the pan and simmer uncovered for an additional 3 minutes until the sauce has thickened and peaches are soft but not falling apart.
9. Serve meatballs warm over coconut rice with fresh mint, spring onions, lime wedges and toasted coconut.
For the coconut rice
Cook quick cook rice as per packet instructions.
Remove cooked rice from pack to a large bowl.
Using a fork to loosen the rice, stir through Ayam coconut milk powder and salt.
Add a dash of water as required. Cooks Notes
Use firmer peaches for this recipe because they hold their shape and have a nice tartness which goes well with the sweet asian flavours