Slaughter Floor Team Leader
About Harvey Beef
Harvey Beef is Western Australia’s largest beef exporter and has a modern meat processing facility in the South West town of Harvey. Harvey Beef has embarked on an exciting period of improvement and change within the business.
This role is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day running of the Slaughter floor reporting directly to the Senior Slaughter floor Department Supervisor The successful candidate will lead and model the Safety Culture and Behaviours and live the Harvey Beef Values.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of this Role include
- Ensure on-going training to all staff and plan accordingly
- Ensure manning is sufficient to maintain product safety and integrity, able to adjust the chain speed to manning levels
- Ensure all operators are following correct procedures at all times in the processing areas including their PPE requirements
- Ensure all operators performing tasks are qualified or accompanied by a trainer
- Assist with maintaining high yields and food safety on the Slaughter floor
- Assist with the 457/482 program so that it is maintained, and ongoing training of all staff is upheld
- Ensure Harvey Beef’s Values, Policies and Procedures are implemented, monitored and complied with across the Slaughter floor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Include:
- The ability to assist the Slaughter Floor Senior Supervisor in managing staff on the floor
- HACCP Trained
- Identify talent to optimise performance and for succession planning
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to motivate and coach employees
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Understand safe work procedures
- Previous exposure to Beef Slaughtering Operations
- Certificate 2 and 3 in Meat Processing, and or Certificate IV in Meat Processing (Leadership) or its equivalent is preferred.
- Be prepared to undertake continuous personal development relevant to Ausmeat slaughter floor accreditation
To join the Harvey Beef team, please submit your covering letter addressing the selection criteria together with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Applications close: 27/06/2019
Send CVs to: email@example.com
For more info call +61 8 9729 0000