General Labourers, Knife Hands, Butchers and Meat Packers
About Harvey Beef:
Established in 1919, Harvey Beef is the state’s largest processor of high-quality beef for local and international markets. This is a great opportunity for you to join an industry leading West Australian meat processing company. Based in Harvey Western Australia, Harvey Beef is Western Australia’s largest Beef Processor.
Vacancies and requirements:
- Slaughter Floor Labourers: Previous experience in a physical demanding role, able to work on repetitive tasks.
- Slaughter floor Knife Hands: Previous experience trimming beef/offal would be an advantage, general knife skills, able to work on repetitive tasks.
- Boning Room Packers: Ability to work in a fast pace environment, able to read labels, the ability to learn and identify different cuts of beef for packing.
- Boning Room Knife Hands: Ability to work in a fast pace setting and trim meat to company specification
- Cold Stores Labourers: Previous experience working in a cold environment, logistic skills, working with forklifts reach trucks would be advantageous.
- Retail Ready Butcher/Knife Hand: Cutting primals into secondary cuts for retail packaging, experienced in the use of knives and band saws.
- Retail Meat Packer: The ability to read labels, light packing and fast paced.
All roles are located at the Harvey Beef Processing plant in Harvey. Harvey is a regional town located in the South West of Western Australia along the South Western Highway, 140 kilometres south of Perth, between Pinjarra and Bunbury. ALL roles are Western Australia based.
Ordinary hours of work are 38-hour week, currently working between Monday to Friday. Rosters and start times vary, depending on the role.
- Previous demonstrated experience in a butchering or meat processing role will be highly regarded.
- Experience operating Band Saw or Mincers within a processing environment.
- Physically fit with the ability to work within a highly proactive and successful team.
- Knowledge of food hygiene and government regulations.
- Ability to work in a team or autonomously.
- Ability to pass a ‘Drug and Alcohol’ screen – Harvey Beef is a 100% Drug & Alcohol-free site.
If the above opportunity sounds like you, please click here! We look forward to hearing from you!
Harvey Beef is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, all applications are treated with complete confidentially. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close: 30/10/2021
Send CVs to: email@example.com
For more info call +61 8 9729 0000