Experienced Farm Hand
About Harvey Beef:
This is a great opportunity for you to join an industry leading West Australian meat processing company and utilize your strong background in agriculture. Based in Harvey Western Australia, Harvey Beef is Western Australia’s largest Beef Processor and is currently going through a very exciting period of growth. This role will be instrumental in supporting the Farm Manager with this growth.
As the Farm Hand, your main responsibility will be to assist in managing the 140ha of farm land surrounding the processing facility. The flood irrigated farm land forms part of the facilities licensed effluent management system and provides grazing land for livestock. We are looking for a motivated individual who is able to work rotating shifts and weekends! You will be joining a highly successful team and gain training in Harvey Beef’s high level of Farming and Agriculture.
Duties and Daily Tasks:
- Feeding of hay to cattle.
- Irrigating of pastures with treated process water or fresh water.
- Operation of all farm machinery.
- Maintenance of farm machinery and farm. infrastructure as required.
- Other tasks and duties as directed by the Farm Manager.
- Have the ability to work Weekends and Rotating Shift rosters.
- Must have previous experience working in an agricultural setting and general operations.
- Communicates effectively
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Previous experience and physical capability to undertake outdoor farm hand work.
- Proven use of tractors.
- A current c class manual drivers licence is essential.
- Ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol test.
If the above opportunity sounds like you, please email your application including a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Harvey Beef is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, all applications are treated with complete confidentially. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
Applications close: 09/10/2020
Send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info call +61 8 9729 0000