Harvey Beef is the state’s largest processor of high-quality beef for local and international markets, underpinned by an absolute commitment to workplace safety, growth, investment, customer service, quality and animal welfare. Harvey Beef operates as part of the Harvest Road businesses and is owned by Tattarang, which is Australia’s largest and fastest-growing private investment group, founded by Andrew and Nicola Forrest.
We are currently seeking an accountant for a Harvey site-based commercial role with a good variety of financial tasks and a strong focus on product costings. We also welcome applications from accountants who have started their career at an accounting firm and are looking to transition to an in-house role. This newly created role will work closely with staff based in Harvey, as well as Harvest Road and Tattarang staff based in Perth.
- Assist with production cost modelling and margin analysis
- Assist with commercial analysis and preparation of business cases and expenditure requests
- Provide finance support to other business areas
- Involvement in testing financial implications of new processes and systems
- Assist in business process improvement and maintenance of process documentation
- Assist with preparation of management and financial reports
- Assist in the maintenance of the general ledger and financial accounting system
- Assist with the external audit process
Qualifications and Skills
- Tertiary qualification in accounting or finance (or nearing completion)
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organisational skills and a high attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A proactive approach and a willingness to rearrange priorities as and when needed
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and the agri-business sector will be advantageous
Backed by Harvest Road and Tattarang, Harvey Beef is continuously growing and improving which presents a challenging, interesting and rewarding career opportunity. If this opportunity sounds like you, please click here to apply! We look forward to hearing from you!
Due to advice from the Chief Health Officer, Harvey Beef is included in Group 1 industries determined as high-risk environments, because they are required to interact with people with an increased risk of being infected with COVID-19 or people vulnerable to COVID-19; or are necessary to avoid catastrophic risk to the safety of the community and are therefore required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with the first dose by 1 December 2021. Please be aware that ONLY candidates vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated within the required timeframe, or having a valid exemption will be considered.
Harvey Beef is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, all applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Only applications with a right to work in Australia will be considered.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close: 10/12/2021
Send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info call +61 8 9729 0000