Vince Garreffa’s Christmas Beef Cube Roll with Festive Stuffing
- 2.5kg to 3kg Harvey Beef Cube Roll
- 1kg Harvey Beef Mince (to be cooked)
- 150g sliced green olives
- 75g spring onion, finely sliced
- 100g onions, finely diced
- 10g organic lake salt
- 3gm cracked black pepper
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 600gm Harvey Beef Mince, left raw, spiced with 60gm Mondo Spice Mix
- Mondo Spice Ingredients: Organic Lake Salt, Black Pepper, Sweet Red Paprika, Dry Rosemary, Thyme, Basil, Marjoram, Oregano, Sage.
- Fry spring onions and onion in oil until soft and caramelized (approx. 10 Mins).
- Add 1kg mince, salt & pepper and break it up as it cooks (approx. 15 Mins).
- Take off heat and let cool to room temperature, then place into fridge until cold.
- In a tub, mix the cooked mince mix, olives with RAW mince & Mondo Spice Mix combining everything evenly.
- Make log sticks of stuffing about 3cm in diameter and 40cm long.
- Wrap in plastic wrap as logs and freeze.
Cooking the Harvey Cube Roll with Stuffing is easy to do:
- First carefully cut a long pocket in the center of the cube roll with a wide steak knife. Next unwrap the log of stuffing and wet it under cold water for two seconds only and then insert it into the pocket as deep as you can without coming out of the other end. Cut off any stuffing protruding from the roast.
- Tie the roast 5 times along its length and rub with oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper or extra Mondo Spice.
- Now put the roast on a wire rack on a shallow baking tray. Bake at 180c for 1.5 hours, then check the internal temperature. You are looking for 60c internal, so if needed cook a bit longer until you achieve 60c, and then take the roast out of the oven and rest it covered for 15 to 30 mins. Then slice and serve.
Harvey Beef cube rolls can be purchased at Mondo’s butchers