- 1kg Harvey Beef Creations Texas BBQ Ribs
For the Mac’n’Cheese
- 200g Macaroni pasta
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 500ml milk
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- 3tbsp American Mustard
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ltr oil for frying + extra flour and milk for crumbing
- Sea salt and black pepper
- For the ribs – place in a deep roasting tray with 1/2 cup water and cover with foil. Cook at 160°C for 2.5hrs per 1kg or until meat falls from the bone. Add more water if necessary. Alternatively place ribs and marinade into slow cooker with 1/2 cup of water. Slow cook on low for 6-8 hrs.
- For the mac’n’cheese – cook and drain the pasta per packet instructions. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add flour and stir with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes, then add milk slowly, stirring constantly until smooth. Simmer for 2 more minutes, then stir in cheese, parsley and mustard. Fold through cooked pasta, season with salt & pepper and pour into a lined small loaf tin for 3 hours or overnight if possible. Turn the mac’n’cheese out and cut in to large 3cm slices.
- To crumb – whisk 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons of milk. Dust the slices completely first in flour, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil or deep fryer to 170°C, fry the macaroni for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Glaze the ribs with remaining marinade in the tray before serving.