TEAM SOUTH AFRICA’S SCOTCH FILLET & BRAAI SEASONING, WITH BRAAI BROODJIES
4 Harvey Beef scotch fillet steaks
2 tbsp braai seasoning
2 tbsp brown sugar
8 slices white bread
2 tbsp butter
1 white onion, sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
4 slices of cheese
1. Butter each slice of bread on one side (this will be the outside). Place cheese, onion and tomato in the middle of the sandwich to make the broodjies and set to the side.
2. Mix the braai seasoning with the brown sugar and coat the steaks with it.
3. Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 4 mins or to your liking and then flip and cook for a further 4 mins. Remove from grill, cover with foil and rest for 5 mins.
4. Place the broodjies on the grill, flipping regularly until golden brown.
5. Slice the steak and the broodjies and serve together,