Smashed beef burgers, jalapeno & pineapple salsa, grilled halloumi in fresh lettuce cups
1 packet Harvey Beef burgers
4 tbsp jalapenos
¼ bunch coriander
30 ml lime juice
60ml olive oil
200g halloumi cut into 8 slices
1 cup red cabbage, shredded
4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Remove 4 large leaves from the iceberg lettuce, leaving intact.
- Very finely dice the pineapple & jalapeño. Mix together with finely chopped coriander.
- Mix lime juice & olive oil to make a dressing, season with salt & pepper and toss half over the red cabbage.
- Heat a large frypan to medium hot heat, add a little olive oil to the pan and fry halloumi for 1 minutes each side or until golden.
- Rub the burger patties with a little oil and cook for 8 minutes each side turning twice until fully cooked through. Using your hands or the back of a large spoon, crush the pattie into large chunks
- Take the lettuce cups and assemble with cabbage on the bottom, then beef. Top with halloumi cheese, pineapple salsa then drizzle over more lime dressing.