Slow-cooked Garlic & Rosemary Rump, Pappardelle & Olive Ragu
For the ragu
1 packet Harvey Beef Garlic & Rosemary Rump
400g crushed tomatoes
200 ml red wine
1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 small sprigs rosemary
200g olives (stones removed)
For the pasta
300g pappardelle pasta
2 tbsps. Parsley, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Parmesan and olives to serve
- Heat a frying pan to a medium high heat, season beef with pepper & salt and rub in a little oil. Sear beef on all sides, until golden brown and transfer to deep baking dish or slow cooker, then add red wine, water, red onion, garlic, rosemary & crushed tomatoes. For oven method, cover with a tight lid or tinfoil and bake at 140c for approximately 4 hours until very tender. Slow cook for 8 hours on low setting.
- When cooked, allow to rest for 15 mins, remove meat from sauce (reserving liquid) and pull apart into fork sized pieces.
- Add olives and simmer the reserved liquid on the stove, and reduce by approx. half or until thickened. Return the meat to the sauce.
- Cook pasta to packet instructions, toss through chopped parsley & olive oil.
- Serve hot ragu with pasta, olives & freshly shaved parmesan.