- 1kg Harvey Beef Creations Salt and Pepper Roast Beef
For the smoked eggplant
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp yogurt
For the salad
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ bunch Italian parsley
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
Sea salt flakes, black pepper and olive oil to season
- Pre-heat oven to 140c, heat a fry pan to a hot heat and sear the roast beef in a little oil until golden on all sides. Transfer to a baking dish and roast slowly in oven for approximately 30-40 minutes, (using a meat thermometer check for medium rare 53c internal, medium 58c internal, medium well 63c internal). Rest on a cooling rack, loosely cover with foil for 20 minutes before serving.
- Heat BBQ grill plate to a medium heat, place whole eggplant on grill and allow to cook slowly for approx. 10 minutes until black and charred on the bottom and soft on one side. Turn and continue to cook for 10 more minutes until black on the outside and soft inside. Gently remove to a plate and allow to cool. When cool cut in half and with a spoon scoop the soft flesh into a small blender. Blend with tahini, yogurt, lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 170c. Toss cauliflower florets in a bowl with spices and 2 tbsp of oil, transfer to a flat baking tray and roast in oven for approx. 10 minutes until golden and soft.
- Mix with almonds, parsley and season with sea salt.
- To serve carve beef thinly across the grain, then spread eggplant across the plate and top with salad and beef.