- 1kg Harvey Beef Creations Salt and Pepper Roast
- 4 cups finely sliced red cabbage
- 150g bacon diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200ml apple cider
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 large ruby lou potatoes
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 2 tbsp honey
- Sea salt flakes, black pepper and olive oil to season
- Pre-heat oven to 140c. Heat a fry pan to a hot heat and sear the roast beef in a little oil until golden on all sides. Transfer to a baking dish and roast slowly in oven for approximately 25 minutes per 500g (using a meat thermometer check for medium rare 53c internal, medium 58c internal, medium well 63c internal). Rest on a cooling rack, loosely cover with foil for 20 minutes before serving.
- Cut potatoes into thick discs, boil in salted water for 5 minutes until firm but just softening. Remove from water, allow to cool. In a bowl dress with 2 tbsp olive oil, rosemary and a pinch of salt & pepper. Roast at 180c for 15-20 minutes until golden & crispy all over.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a saucepan, fry bacon for 2 minutes and add cabbage, sauté and stir 3 minutes until soft, season with salt and pepper and then add cider and sugar. Simmer on a low heat until liquid is reduced and cabbage is soft.
- Peel carrots, place into rapidly boiling water for 2 minutes, remove and toss with honey, salt and pepper
- To serve carve beef thinly across the grain, plate individually or serve to share.