- 4 Harvey Beef Eye Fillet Steaks
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 large carrot
- 50g bean shoots
- 200g Chinese cabbage
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 radishes, finely shaved
- 1\2 cucumber, shaved into ribbons
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, torn
- 1 bunch mint leaves, torn
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C and a frying pan to very hot. Season eye fillet steaks with salt and pepper and sear with a little oil in the pan for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to oven and cook for 3 minutes each side. For rare check for 50°C internal using a digital meat thermometer. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes on a cooling rack and then chill in the fridge.
- For the dressing – dissolve the sugar over a gentle heat with the fish sauce and vinegar. Then cool and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Thinly slice the capsicums and carrot and shred the cabbage very finely. Mix with the other salad ingredients, vegetables and torn herbs.
- To serve – thinly slice beef and mix with vegetables and generous amount of salad dressing.