- 4 Harvey Beef Eye Fillet Steaks
- 4 large figs
- 150g Goat’s Cheese
- 100g roasted walnuts
- 200g lettuce leaves
- 200g mixed tomatoes
For the dressing
- 50ml sherry vinegar
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 160c & a frying pan to very hot, season eye fillet steaks with salt and pepper and sear with a little oil in the pan for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to oven and cook for 3 minutes each side. For rare check for 50c internal using a digital meat thermometer. Remove from oven then allow to rest for 5 minutes on a cooling rack and chill in the fridge.
- For the dressing whisk together vinegar, mustard and honey, adding oil in a steady stream.
- For the figs cut in half length ways and sprinkle sugar on top. Heat a dry pan until hot and sear the cut side of the fig for 30 seconds until caramelized.
- To assemble slice beef thinly across the grain, cut tomatoes into wedges, arrange lettuce, figs, beef and tomatoes, then crumble over goats cheese, sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle generously with dressing.