- 500g Harvey Beef Creations Smoky American Brisket
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 vine tomatoes, finely diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch coriander
- Sea salt & olive oil
For the waffles
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 eggs, separated
- 10ml water
- 25g melted butter
Sea salt flakes, black pepper and olive oil to season
- Pre-heat oven to 140c, then in a lined roasting dish add brisket and all marinade along with 1/2 cup water, cover with foil tightly and bake for 3hrs per 500g. Turn & baste half way through cooking and add more water if necessary, cook until meat is tender and a knife goes through it easily. Allow to rest for 20 minutes, then shred, add any pan liquids back to the meat and mix through. Alternatively place in a slow cooker with 1/2 cup of water or stock and slow cook on low for 6-8 hrs.
- Finely dice the onion, tomatoes and chop the coriander. Mix together and dress with olive oil.
- For the waffles, sift flour and mix through chilli flakes. Add yolks, water, juice and melted butter and fold through gently. Whisk egg whites to a stiff peak and gently fold through the flour batter. Cook in a waffle iron until golden.
- Poach eggs in gently simmering water, remove with a slotted spoon when whites are firm and yolk are soft.
- Assemble hot brisket on waffles, top with egg, salsa and serve. Ideal for breakfast or brunch.