- 500g Harvey Beef Premium mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 400 mls tomato puree
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green chilli for garnish, sliced finely
- 250g cheese for garnish, grated
- Sour cream to serve
For the Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 packet of coriander, washed and cut finely
- 2 limes, juiced
- Sea salt flakes & cracked black pepper
For the mountain bread crisps
- 1 packet of mountain bread
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- For the guacamole – dice the avocado, place into a bowl, add the lime juice and mix gently. Add the remaining ingredients and mix. Cover and set aside in fridge.
- For the mountain bread crisps – pre-heat oven to 170°C. Place mountain bread on a chopping board and brush both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle with cayenne, salt and pepper. Cut into long triangles and bake for approx. 6 mins till crisp and golden. Leave to cool.
- To cook the mince – heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a fry pan. Sautee the onions and garlic over a low heat til they just start to colour. Add the spices and cook for 2 mins then add the tomato paste and cook for a further 2 mins. Add beef and cook till caramelised stirring frequently to break up the beef. Add the tomato puree and cook till most of the liquid is reduced and the mince is glossy.
- Assemble your mountain bread crisps on one side of a bowl, generously spoon your beef mince into the centre of the bowl, add cheese and let the residual heat melt it, and spoon guacamole around the side. Spoon on sour cream on top of the cheese and garnish with fresh Chilli and coriander.