Medium Rare Roasted Beef Fillet Salad with Fennel Baked Iron Jack Pumpkin, Hummus, Harissa Yogurt & Tortilla Crisps
2 x Harvey Beef Fillet Steaks
Olive oil, Sea Salt & Black Pepper for seasoning
500g Pumpkin, cut in wedges
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tsp honey
100g tortilla crisps
For the harissa yogurt
8 tbsps Greek yogurt
1 tbsp harissa paste or Moroccan seasoning
1 tsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 160c & a frying pan to very hot. Season eye fillet steaks with salt and pepper and sear with a little oil in the pan for 2 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to oven and cook for 3 minutes each side. For rare look for 52c internal using a digital meat thermometer. Remove from oven allow to rest for 8 minutes on a cooling rack and chill in the fridge.
- Cut pumpkin into wedges, add 1-2 tbsp of oil, fennel & honey and toss to coat, lay onto a baking tray and bake until soft.
- Mix yogurt, harissa & lemon juice, then season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Slice the beef when cool, assemble the salad in layers and serve hummus & crisps to the side.
- Drizzle liberally with harissa yogurt.