Mediterranean baked sausage casserole with red wine & mushrooms
1 packet Harvey Beef Angus Sausages
3 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp dried oregano
1 bay leaf
200g button mushrooms, cut in half
1 cup red wine or beef stock
400ml can chopped tomatoes
400g can cooked cannellini beans
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large deep saucepan. Over a medium high heat, add the sausages and brown each side until golden. Remove from pan on to a plate.
- Lower heat to medium, add chopped onion and garlic to pan and sauté gently until soft and golden. Add butter and then mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add red wine or stock and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Return the sausages to the pan, add tomatoes, oregano, bay leaf, and drained cannellini beans.
- Season well with salt & pepper.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Simmer gently for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato & crusty bread.