Korean Style Pancakes with Scotch Fillet, Kimchi & Spring Onions
For the Bulgogi Beef
2 Harvey Beef Scotch Fillets
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
5 cloves garlic
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp white pepper
For the Pancake
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs beaten
1 cup cold water
1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
½ cup Kimchi (available from Asian supermarkets)
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp canola oil for frying
- Slice steak into long thin pieces. Mix together the bulgogi marinade and toss through steak then marinade for 10 minutes.
- For the pancake – mix all ingredients together apart from the kimchi and spring onions, and rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frypan over a high heat and coat with a thin layer of oil, stir fry the beef in batches and transfer to a plate.
- Heat a clean fry pan over a medium heat and cover with a thin layer of oil, pour a ladle of batter over the frypan in a thin layer, sprinkle over spring onions and kimchi, cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crisp on the bottom, turn over with a spatula and finish cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle beef over each pancake and garnish with extra kimchi and spring onions.
- Serve with your favorite soy or spicy sauce.