Jalapeño & Mozzarella Minced Beef & Porterhouse Pinwheels
For the Jalapeño Mince:
250 g Harvey Beef mince
½ cup chopped coriander
5 medium cloves of garlic, peeled
1/4 cup red onion, diced & sautéed
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp chopped Jalapeños
For the steak:
4 Harvey Beef Porterhouse steaks
200g firm mozzarella, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Carefully butterfly steak by slicing it horizontally with the grain, half of the thickness of the steak, stopping about one inch from the edge of the meat. Beat with a meat hammer until it is ½ cm thick, being careful to keep it together in the middle
- Sauté onion gently in olive oil until softened, then cool. Add to minced beef with chopped jalapeños and coriander. Mix well by hand and season with salt & pepper.
- Spread the mince mixture over the steak leaving 3cm on one end and top with grated mozzarella. Roll the steak up like a swiss roll. Skewer the beef together using toothpicks, spaced evenly 3cm along the length of the roll. Season the outside of the steak with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a frypan or BBQ grill to a medium hot heat and fry until golden on the outside. Roast at 170c for 10 minutes.
- Let rest for 3 minutes. Remove the toothpicks from each slice, carve and serve with Harvey Beef BBQ Sauce.