- 1 packet Harvey Beef Angus Beef Burgers
- 4 burger buns
- 12 rashers streaky bacon
- 4 thick slices tasty cheddar
- 200g rocket leaves
For the Onion Jam
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 200ml red wine
For the Onion Rings
- 400ml cold beer
- 330g plain flour
- 2tsbp baking powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- For the onion jam heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a wide based saucepan and on a medium heat cook onions until they are soft and browning. Add wine & vinegar and reduce liquid until syrupy and consistency of jam. Cool before serving.
- Heat oven to 170c, lay bacon on a lined baking tray and cook for 6-10 minutes depending on thickness or until golden and very crispy. Transfer to paper towel to drain fat.
- Heat a fry pan or grill until very hot. Grill burgers for 4 minutes on each side, turn again and cook for another 4 minutes. Top with cheese and cover for 2 minutes to allow to melt.
- Grill bread and assemble burger with generous amount of jam on the bottom, 2 layers of bacon, burger and lettuce.