- 500g Harvey Beef Premium mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 3 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- Sea salt & black pepper
For the Dip
- 250ml Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ bunch mint
- 1tsp ground cumin
- Finely dice the onion and sauté in 4 tbsp of oil over a medium heat until soft and golden. Add garlic and spices and fry for a further 30 seconds. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl combine onions and mince and knead together thoroughly until completely combined. Divide mixture into 12 balls and form into a long fat oval shape.
- For the dip, mix together yogurt with finely shredded mint, lemon juice, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 180c, return frypan to heat and over a high heat sear each side until golden. Finish cooking in oven for a further 6 minutes until cooked through, then allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve on skewers with dip
Perfect as a canape, entrée, share plate or with salad & couscous for a more substantial meal