Creamy sausage & orecchiette pasta, summer peas, lemon, chilli, capers and baby spinach
1 packet Harvey Beef Angus Sausages
300g orecchiette pasta
½ cup white wine or beef stock
1 ½ cups whipping cream
1 ½ cups frozen baby peas
200g baby spinach
½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
3 tbsp baby capers
Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
1 cup parmesan, grated
Salt & pepper to season
- Cook pasta to package instructions, drain & set aside in a large bowl.
- Remove sausages from package, make a small cut through the skins and remove the sausage meat from the skins.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a frypan and heat over a medium high heat. Add sausages and fry, use wooden spoon to break the meat into chunks and fry for approx. 5 min until golden on the outside.
- Add the white wine or stock and simmer until reduced by half. Add cream and simmer to reduce by half again.
- Add peas, chilli, capers, lemon and baby spinach, and bring to boil for 30 seconds. Pour over hot pasta and stir together with parmesan and season to taste.