- 12 x Harvey Beef Angus Beef Sausages
For the Mustard mashed Potato
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut
- 150ml cream
- 100g diced butter
- 3 Tbsp. Seeded mustard
- Salt and pepper
For the Gremolata
- 1 packet of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- Zest of 2 lemons
For the caramelized Onions
- 2 brown onions, peeled and thickly cut lengthways
- 100 ml red wine or red wine vinegar
- 500 ml instant gravy, hot and ready to go
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- For the mashed potato – place cut potatoes into a pot of cold salted water and bring to a rolling boil and cook till you can gently insert a knife into them. Meanwhile bring cream to almost boiling point and turn off. When potatoes are ready remove from water and add butter. If available use a mouli and pass the potato through, alternatively use a potato masher and mash the potato very thoroughly. Add the mustard and most of the cream and fold it through the potato. Season to taste (add more cream for a wetter consistency)
- For the gremolata – mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- For the caramelized onions – sautee the onions in a medium hot pan and olive oil until they take on colour, then deglaze with a splash of wine. Make gravy as per packet info and add the onions and pepper. Keep in a warm place till serving.
- Place sausages in a fry pan and cook till golden on the outside turning regularly for even cooking.
- To plate – spoon a generous portion of the mash on a plate, place sausages on top, ladle the onion gravy over the whole dish and sprinkle with gremolata