Beef burgers stuffed with melting mozzarella in pita breads with beetroot relish & roasted field mushrooms
1 packet Harvey Beef burgers
4 pita pockets
4 large field mushrooms
4 large bocconcini
Lettuce to serve
For the beetroot relish
400g pre-cooked beetroot
100g brown sugar
50ml red wine vinegar
¼ tsp salt
Pinch of black pepper
- Using a small knife, make a cut in the side of the burgers to the middle, large enough to fit the cheese. Stuff 1 ball of mozzarella into each burger, then use your hands to re-shape the burger closed around the cheese.
- For the relish, use a food processor to coarsely chop the beetroot. Add to a saucepan with sugar, vinegar & seasoning and simmer over a low temperature until the liquid has evaporated.
- Heat oven to 160c. Place mushrooms on a lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 8 minutes, then cool.
- Heat a grill or frypan to a medium hot heat. Grill the pita pockets quickly for 30 seconds each side. Rub the burger patties with a little oil, grill burgers for approximately for 8 minutes each side (full sized) until fully cooked through.
- Cut open the pita half way across the top. Fill with the cooked burger, mushroom and a generous amount of beetroot relish, finish with lettuce & serve immediately.