BBQ Scotch Fillet Steak with BBQ Pumpkin & Chili Jam
6 Harvey Beef Scotch Fillet Steaks
1 Butternut Pumpkin
50g rocket leaves
50g toasted chopped macadamia nuts
Sea salt & black pepper
For the pesto (prepare Ahead)
30g roasted macadamia nuts
30g grated Parmesan
50ml olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
½ tsp honey
For the chili Jam (prepare Ahead)
3 cloves garlic
5 long red chilies
100ml vegetable oil
50ml red wine vinegar
50g soft brown sugar
Keeps for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator
- For the chili jam use a food processor to make a smooth paste of the oil, onion, garlic & chili. Cook in a saucepan over a low heat until beginning to colour, add sugar and vinegar and continue to cook, stirring regularly until the mixture becomes thick like jam. Keep refrigerated.
- For the pesto, blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, then season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a BBQ or grill plate until medium hot. Cut butternut pumpkin into 1cm thick slices, coat in oil and season well, then cook on BBQ until charred and cooked through.
- Season scotch fillet with salt and pepper, char for 5 minutes on each side, For medium rare check for 52c internal using a digital meat thermometer. Cover and rest on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with pesto & chili jam, a sprinkle of rocket leaves & chopped macadamias.