Aromatic Beef & Lemongrass Noodle Broth
2 Harvey Beef Eye Fillet Steaks
For the broth
1L beef stock
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 stick lemongrass, bruised
For the soup
100g thick rice noodles
½ cup mint leaves
½ cup coriander leaves
6 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp ginger, finely sliced
½ cup bean shoots
8 lime wedges
1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Finely slice raw beef fillet into thin slices and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Bring the beef stock to a gentle simmer, add lemongrass, sugar & fish sauce and allow to infuse on gentle heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cook rice noodles in boiling water as per packet instructions and strain. Run under cold water to cool gently.
- Arrange noodles, sliced beef, mushrooms and ginger into a serving bowl. Bring the broth back to a rapid boil and then ladle over beef allowing the hot stock to cook the beef.
- Garnish with coriander and mint, and serve extra herbs alongside with bean shoots, lime and chilli.