1 packet Harvey Beef Rosemary & Garlic Rump
For the Sauce:
600ml whipping cream
100ml white wine
200g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 shallot, finely sliced
100g grated Manchego cheese
4 tablespoons chopped chives
1 cup flour
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil to fry
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Remove the beef from the packet & cut across the grain into 1.5 cm steaks. Flatten gently with a mallet or the side of your knife. Allow to air & refrigerate until cooking.
2. For the croquettes heat oven to 160c, pierce the potatoes with a small knife and bake for approximately 30 – 40 minutes until very soft. Allow to cool slightly and scoop the flesh from the potato into a mixing bowl. While warm mash with a masher, add grated manchego, chives, 2 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt & pepper to taste. Knead gently with clean hands until a dough consistency form. Shape into 8 logs and allow to cool in the fridge.
3. Crumb the croquettes, first coating in flour, then egg mixture them bread crumbs. Heat 3 cm of vegetable oil in a fry pan, a fry on each side until golden brown.
4. For the sauce, heat a saucepan to medium heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil, and sauté shallots & garlic until soft, add mushrooms and sauté for a further 2 minutes until softened. Add white wine and bring to simmer, allow to reduce by half. Add cream, salt & pepper and bring back to simmer for approximately 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Heat your frypan or BBQ grill to a high heat, season & oil steaks, then sear for approximately 1 minute each side. Allow to rest for 2 minutes, serve with croquettes and a generous amount of mushroom sauce.