ANNA GARE’S TWO MINUTE SCOTCH FILLETS WITH FRESH HERBY SALSA
• 1/4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
• Small bunch dill, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup baby capers, rinsed and drained
• 1 big clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 large red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
• 1/4 red onion finely diced
• 1/2 cup Lemon juice
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• Grinding of black pepper
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon sugar
Beef & Rub
• 4 X 1.5cm slices of Harvey Beef Scotch Fillet
• 2 heaped teaspoons smokey paprika
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• Sea salt and pepper
• Mix all of the herby salsa ingredients together in a bowl and taste for seasoning and balance of flavours.
• Add more oil and a tad of sugar if its too sharp or more lemon if it needs more zing. It should have a nice spicy, salty, bright and herbaceous flavour.
• Put aside whilst you prepare and cook steaks.
• Place steaks between 2 pieces of cling-film and flatten out with a meat mallet until thin, about 8mm each.
• Combine paprika, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a bowl and evenly coat steaks in mixture.
• Heat 1 or 2 large fry pans (or hot plate on BBQ) until smoking hot and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side for med/rare.
• Serve fanned out on a large platter and drizzle generously with salsa all over it.
• Delicious served with a fresh garden salad and baby new potatoes.