Slow Braised Harvey Beef Shin
- Preheat oven 180 degrees Celsius
- Take beef shin out of the fridge and allow to come to room temperature. Rub with olive oil and seasoning and place in a deep roasting tray with chopped carrots and onions. Put beef in preheated oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add to beef shin the roughly diced tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, vinegar and stock. Cover with lid or 2 layers of tin foil and put back in the oven. Turn oven down to 140 degrees and cook for 8 hours.
- Turn oven up as hot as it can go and roast shin uncovered for a further 10 minutes to caramelise the meat.
Slow cooked sweet potato
- Take a square of tinfoil and place sweet potato into the middle with seasoning and oil, wrap up gently and place into oven on a tray with beef shin
- Cook for 8 hours at 140 degrees and serve immediately with fresh Mundella yoghurt
Baby carrots pickled
- Put all ingredients (except carrots and herbs) in a pot and bring to the boil
- Reduce by 1/3 and take off the heat
- Immediately add carrots and allow to cool
On a large platter garnish the beef shin with fresh rosemary leaves, lemon zest, fresh parsley and sea salt. Add Mundella yoghurt to the cooled sweet potato and the chopped fresh herbs and place alongside the baby carrots pickle. Enjoy with a Peel region red wine such as Malbec or Shiraz.
2017 WA’s Celebrity Signature Dish
Celeb: Mark Gibson
Partner Chef: Kenny McHardy
Region: Peel region
Photography: Craig Kinder Photography