Recipe – Middle Eastern Beef & Pine Nut Pizzas
Use our delicous, premium Harvey Beef Mince in this recipe. Click here to find your nearest stockist.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 wholemeal Lebanese breads (30cm)
- ⅔ cup pizza sauce with garlic, onion & herbs
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g grape tomatoes, halved
- ⅔ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Baby spinach, coriander sprigs, Greek yoghurt, lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook mince for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and spices and cook for a further minute or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, microwave pumpkin on HIGH (100%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Place one Lebanese bread on each of the prepared baking trays.Divide the pizza sauce between breads, top with mince mixture and sprinkle with onion, tomatoes, cheese and pine nuts. Cook in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until bread is crisp and cheese melted.
- Top pizzas with baby spinach, coriander and yoghurt. Serve with lemon wedges
- You can also use pre-made pizza bases which are available in wholemeal and gluten free.
- Beef strips would also work well in this recipe as a substitute to mince.
- Cheddar, blue or goats cheese could be used instead of mozzarella.
- Substitute spices for 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning.
Click here for more recipes from the “Better on Beef” team