Our consumers love Harvey Beef for its taste, and that it can be cooked so well, in so many different ways. Click here for delicious and easy to cook recipes.
STEAK AND EGGPLANT WITH SALSA VERDE
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
4 serving portions lean beef steak
4 baby eggplants, sliced lengthwise
Salt, olive oil
To make Salsa Verde:
1 bunch parsley
1 tbsp capers in brine, drained
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp finely chopped chives or salad onion
- Sprinkle eggplants which have been laid out on paper towel, with a little salt. Meanwhile, process parsley, capers, lemon juice and oil until roughly chopped. Add chives.
- Wipe the moisture from surface of eggplant then brush with a little oil.
- Brush steak with a little oil to stop surface drying out and sticking to bbq plate or char grill.
- Cook on a hot bbq plate or char grill until well sealed before turning, using the juices which appear on uncooked side as an indication when steak is ready to turn.
- Test steak is cooked to your liking by pressing with tongs rather than cutting it (rare feels very soft, medium a little firmer). Cover and rest about 2 minutes before serving to retain juiciness.
Serve steak with eggplant and salsa on the side. Accompany with a tossed salad and bread.